Data Protection Policy
In line with GDPR commitments, ProofShield Ltd. has implemented an updated data and privacy protection policy as outlined below.
- Personal data shall be collected and processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained for one or more specified and lawful purposes and will not be further processed in a way that is incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data requested shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data collected and processed shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under GDPR.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised and unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Changes to our privacy and data policy
Why we collect your Data
We use your data to improve our products and services, provide support, send notifications, offers, and promotions.
We use data that can identify you, called personal data, to:
- Enable you to purchase products, obtain access to services and engage in offered activities
- Provide you with information about new and upgraded products and services, and other information you have requested
- Provide you with service messages to your device
- Send you newsletters,emails or other information regarding our products and offers
We also use data that does not identify you, called non-personal data, for several non-invasive purposes, including to improve our products and services and to help keep our offerings relevant to you. In particular, we may use non-personal data for marketing analysis, to generate statistical information, and to improve and administer our current products and create new products.
How we collect your Data
Most personal data we collect is when you explicitly provide it to us. We don’t keep data for any longer than is necessary. This information may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, and if you pay by credit card, your payment information.
This may happen when you:
- Create a user account or place an order
- Request product support or other services
- Request information about products
- We contact you with a view to providing services to you
- You email us expressing an interest in working with us
- You provide us with your business card or other information given to us at sales and marketing events, visits etc.
- You post information or advertisements on public boards or social media websites
- We provide services to you as an actual or a potential user of your services
- We complete contractual documentation relevant to the services
Some personal data we collect automatically when you use our website. This information may include some or all of the following types of information:
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address
- User and account names and related data
We collect many types of data, called non-personal data that does not personally identify you. While we cannot list out each and every type of non-personal data that we collect, we’ve tried below to give you a general understanding of what types of non-personal data we collect and examples to help you see what we mean.
We collect non-personal data to improve our products and services, including:
- Information about how you use our products and services, including information about your device, language and general location
- Advertising ID associated with your device
- Browsing and search history, including metadata
- Internet service provider you use to connect to our products
None of the above can be used to identify you as an individual.
we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. they help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. they enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
How we use your data for advertising
We and our advertising partners use your data for personalised advertising presented to you on our website, using the prevailing market technologies for this purpose. This allows us to advertise in a more targeted way in order to display as many adverts and offers to you which are actually relevant to you. Our aim in this is to better meet our users’ needs as regards personalisation and discovering new products and to interest you in our service in the long run by providing a more personalised customer experience.
If we advertise via advertising formats offered by social networks (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Instagram), we may forward encrypted information on our website users (e.g. device and access data such as advertising and cookie IDs, email addresses) which we believe belong to an advertising customer’s target group or show particular features (e.g. age group, region, interests).
The relevant social network will then – either on our behalf as an order processor or with the consent of the relevant user – decrypt the transmitted data and display the advertising booked by us to the user as part of his existing usage relationship with the relevant social network (if he is a member of the relevant social network).
Paid for internet advertisements
We use the above information within the framework of on-site optimisation in order to present you with more relevant information and content when you search for products, call up your feed or visit a product area. On-site and in-app optimisation is based on cookies and similar identification technologies for the pseudonymous collection of device and access data. This data is not used to identify you personally, but rather to evaluate your usage anonymously. This technology allows us to present you with products and/or particular offerings and services with content based on your device and access data.
Do we share your Data?
Sometimes, though when and how we share it depends on your instructions and whether it is personal data or non-personal data. Our database is completely internal and is closed to any persons outside of ProofShield.
We may share certain personal data if:
- Requested by you, we may share your data with our approved installers
- When necessary to deliver the product or service you require, such as with a payment card provider who we use to process your credit card transaction
- When we use a third-party courier to deliver our products, the necessary elements of your data (i.e. name, telephone number and address) will be shared with the courier
- When authorised by law or necessary to comply with a valid legal process
Your rights over the data we collect and store
You have the right to ask us about the personal data we process about you, the purpose and nature of the processing, and information on who we share it with.
You have the right to request that we update, correct, or delete your personal data at any time (assuming that this does not impact the services we are providing to you).
Please note that we may reject requests which risk the privacy of others or are unreasonable or repetitive. Unless you request us to delete your data, please note that we typically keep your personal data no longer than is reasonably necessary given the purposes for which the data was collected.
You have the right to opt out of the use or collection of certain data by us or by third parties, including personal data and non-personal data.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving our email newsletters, bulletins, or other information at any time by using the relevant unsubscribe process outlined in the applicable email or newsletter.
You have the right to expect us to protect your personal data and keep it safe. We work hard to protect our company, our users and our customers from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of the information we hold.
- We limit the use and disclosure of your personal data, and work to ensure that anyone with whom we share such information treats that information with the privacy and security it deserves
- We have put in place physical, technical and administrative practices to safeguard and secure the information we collect
- If any breach is made to your personal data, we will make every effort to inform you immediately
For any queries on our data storing policies, or to request to opt out of us storing your data please contact us on:
- ProofShield Ltd, Energy Works, Gas Road, Sittingbourne Kent ME10 2QB United Kingdom